Add outsource Mailbox to Backoffice
Description: Learn how to add an outsource mailbox to the Backoffice to let you be able to use it inside the app.
Open and copy settings for POP3 and SMTP on your email control panel (Google Apps / Office365 / Godaddy / Zoho / etc.).
Note:Make sure that POP3 is enabled and check if SMTP needs authentication.
Go to Settings > Email accounts
You will see a list of Mailboxes you have in the Store
- Enter the Email Address
- Choose Mailbox Provider > 3rd Party
- Fill out: POP3 Server, Incoming Port, Username/Email, Password, SMTP Server, Outgoing Port (+ SMTP Username and SMTP Password if your provider requires SMTP user authentication)
- Check Keep Messages on the server checkbox
- Check Secure Connection checkbox if your provider requires SSL, TLS or STARTTLS
Now you can modify some settings for the new Mailbox (this is optional).
- Mailbox title title of the Mailbox in the Backoffice app
- Your name recipients will see it as senders name
- Permissions tab lets you specify Employees access to that email
- Support Desk tab can be used to connect the Email and a Support Desk
- Folders tab is for managing Email Folders
- Custom Rules tab has feature to set up, for example, a Forwarding action
- Advanced tab: settings on sending limits, mailbox cleaning